Naar de inhoud springen
Duties of the programme manager
- Define the roadmap as per the vision stated by the programme accountable executive, Plan and design the programme, and proactively monitor its overall progress, resolving issues and initiating corrective action as appropriate
- Define the programmes governance framework
- Monitors and directs or performs day-to-day operations of the assigned programme to ensure that policies and procedures are being followed, that goals and objectives are met, and that services and projects are being accomplished efficiently and effectively; takes corrective action as necessary and, where subordinates are present, may relieve them of the most difficult, sensitive or controversial projects within the programme.
- Develops and monitors the programmes budget; oversees financial well-being of the programme by analyzing cost effectiveness and exercising cost controls; prepares, submits and justifies budget enhancement requests to the programme Accountable executive.
- Confers with and represents the programme in meetings with other departments and associated; fosters collaborative working relationships to the benefit of the programme.
- Prioritizes and allocates available programme resources; reviews and evaluates programme and service delivery, makes recommendation for and executes changes in operations to ensure maximum effective service provision; assists in developing new programme function elements, including researching, compiling and analyzing supporting data.
- Ensure the integrity of the programme, focusing inwardly on the internal consistency of the programme; and outwardly on its coherence with infrastructure planning, interfaces with other programme and corporate technical and specialist standards
- Manage the programmes budget on behalf of the programme Accountable Executive, monitoring the expenditures and costs against benefits that are realised as the programme progresses
- Ensure that the delivery of new products or services from the projects meets requirements and is to the appropriate quality, on time and within budget, in accordance with the programme plan and programme governance arrangements
- Manage the dependencies and interfaces between projects
- Manage risks to the programmes successful outcome
- Initiate extra activities and other management interventions wherever gaps in the programme are identified or issues arise
- Produce, and monitor delivery against, the programme benefits profile
- Report programme progress at regular intervals to the programme Accountable Executive,
- Facilitate the appointment of individuals to the project delivery teams
- Ensure maximum efficiency in the allocation of resources and skills within the Project Portfolio
- Ensure staff assigned to the programme are fully aware of their responsibilities, and conduct assignment reviews for direct-reporting staff on completion of their assignment.
- Manage third party contributions to the programme